Login to Complete a Submission or to Access Reviewing Panel
The 32nd ASME Annual Conference on Information Storage and Processing Systems (ISPS 2023) will be held in-person at Western Digitlal, Milpitas, CA on August 28 - 29, 2023.
This event is intended to provide a forum for international researchers from the academia and industries to share their findings, to network, and to foster collaboration opportunities in technical and business areas. It is also intended to attract and groom graduate students in the ISPS technical area and related industries.
The conference focuses on information storage and processing systems, as well as intelligent and precision equipment. The target markets include but not limited to: hard disk drive, flash memory, optical data storage, human machine interactions, smart sensors/actuators/materials, intelligent machines, storage systems, imaging and printing equipment. Researchers are working towards enhancing the functionality of the said systems and equipment, making them more powerful (faster in operation, etc), user-friendly, robust and reliable, and environmentally friendly.
ISPS is soliciting 1-page abstract and 3-page papers for each of the technical tracks outlined below. The 1-page paper is optional and not required for technical presentation. The 3-page papers accepted and presented will be published in the official conference proceedings. The conference includes keynote and invited speaker presentations.
The scope of the conference covers the following interdisciplinary research and application topics related to information storage and processing systems, and the application of data in mechanical engineering.
- Tribology, Dynamics and Servo control of Nano-Micro systems: Head-Media interface Tribology, magnetic head technology, servo and other topics magnetic recording, and mechanical science and technology in the micro/nano scale system
- Fundamentals on Energy Assisted Magnetic Recording: Materials, physics, mechanical design and simulations for HAMR/MAMR
- Dynamics and Control for Future Technologies: Dynamics and control for highlighted engineering fields including robot, unmanned aerial vehicle, unmanned ground vehicle, and next-generation transportation
- Micro/Nano Systems for Human Machine Interactions: Science and technologies on micro/nano mechatronic systems and MEMS/NEMS/MOEMS for human machine interactions
- Smart Materials: Materials science and engineering for information storages, displays, energy-recycle, and nano/micro devices, materials characteristic control and smart material applied system
- Smart Sensors and Actuators: Various sensors and actuators for promising engineering fields such as haptics, IOT application, biological application, motion based detection & actuation, and autonomous vehicle solutions
- Optical Imaging Devices and Opto-mechatronic Systems: Optical imaging systems and sensing devices detecting optical information, and opto-mechatronic systems based on imaging and sensing devices.
- Flexible Media Handling Machines and Printed electronics, Exposing and Printing Technologies: Copy machines, printers, scanners, office automation equipment, flexible media dynamics and control
- Advanced Simulation in Science and Engineering: Advanced computational simulations in engineering fields of mechanics, electro-mechanics, and electronics and simulation methods and optimization methods
- Application of Data and Artificial Intelligence in Mechanical Engineering: Using big data and AI for solving problems in the mechanical domain: such as product failure analysis, smart manufacturing, etc.